Back to normal for opening hours
From Monday, May 4th our Subiaco location will be back to our normal hours
We will be open from 7:30 am until 5 pm Monday- Friday
7:30 am until 4 pm Saturday
8 am until 4 pm Sunday (and public holidays)
Coronavirus Infection – COVID-19 and Pregnancy
You will be aware of the current outbreak of Coronavirus. Most people infected will have mild disease including women of reproductive age but infections can be severe and even deadly. At this time we have an extremely limited understanding of this infection in pregnancy.
Current information is based on experience from past coronavirus illnesses (SARS in 2002 and MERS in 2012) and data from pregnant women who have had an infection with COVID-19.
• Pregnant women do not appear to be more susceptible to infection with COVID-19.
• It must be stressed that it is unknown if pregnancy can increase the severity of COVID-19 infection.
• No evidence of transmission from mother to baby during pregnancy was seen with SARS or MERS infections. Based on currently limited information this appears to be the same for COVID-19.
• Risk for miscarriage does not appear increased with current data but our understanding may change as more information becomes available
• It is unknown whether COVID-19 can be transmitted through breast milk.
During pregnancy close attention to measures to reduce the risk of acquiring this infection must be followed.
Pregnant women will be strongly advised to have vaccination when this becomes available. Vaccination for the annual influenza virus is also recommended in pregnancy if not already administered.
Where possible pregnant women should avoid crowds, avoid public transport and consider working from home. Pregnant women are advised to avoid all non-essential travel. It is safest to stay at home and to avoid public spaces.
Guidance may change as the outbreak spreads. Keep informed.
The following basic measures are recommended for all people to follow:
• Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds. Soap and water are best but when not possible hand sanitiser will suffice.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw in a bin.
• Cough or sneeze into your elbow if no tissue
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Contact a health professional if you have symptoms of Covid-19. The most common are fever, a dry cough, and shortness of breath.
• DON’T touch your face.
• DON’T travel if you have a fever and cough.
Important Notice regarding our Leeming clinic.
READY, SET, GO. WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!
The green light has been given to recommence IVF services. Wonderful news for so many of you and for us. We will now be taking Day 1 patients and bookings for all other services. Due to the anticipated number of phone calls, we will be receiving we are returning to our full capacity of administration and nursing staff over the coming days. Please be patient with us as we kick back into gear.
The safety of you, our patients, our staff, and future offspring remains paramount so the following measures will be undertaken. These measures are supported by our certifying body, RTAC.
1) Physical and social distancing measures of 1.5 meters are requested to be adhered to at all times where possible.
2) Entrance screening questionnaires will need to be completed and a temperature recorded before entering the building. If your temperature is recorded >/ 38 degrees, regrettably we will not be able to allow you entry.
3) There will be restrictions placed on the number of people able to wait in the waiting room. We will be adopting a Single Entry Policy with some exceptions** otherwise, attendance by partners and children is strongly discouraged.
4) During busy periods and to ensure we adhere to social and physical distancing you may be required to wait outside. We apologise for this.
5) To ensure appropriate cleaning between patient episodes of care, wait times may be slightly longer than normal.
6) Hand Sanitiser stations are positioned throughout the centre and staff will regularly attend to the wiping down of communal areas and equipment.
7) Our coffee making facilities and family area have been closed.
8) We encourage the use of Concept’s own pathology services to minimise attendance at multiple healthcare facilities and service providers.
** Partners can attend pregnancy ultrasounds provided they meet the entry criteria.
If you are or have experienced a fever or any respiratory symptoms like coughing, shortness of breath then we do ask that you do not attend Concept until your symptoms have past.
Other measures to ensure your safety:
1) Online Doctor Consultations (Telehealth)
2) Online Counselling appointments (Telehealth)
3) Patient Meetings will essentially require 2 appointments in order to minimise time spent in the clinic:
- To collect a package of medications and paperwork
- A Phone/Skype/FaceTime remote appointment with Nurse Coordinator to explain medications, give instructions, and answer any questions.
We are excited to be back and even more excited to be welcoming you back to Concept.
The Concept Team.
The Counsellors at Concept Fertility Centre are available to support our patients undergoing all ART procedures during this unprecedented time of COVID-19.
Here at Concept, we are privileged to have counselling services offered by approved fertility counsellors, Iolanda Rodino and Antonia Clissa, each with more than 20 years of clinical experience in the field.
To schedule an appointment, please contact the Concept Reception Team on 08 9382 2388.
Counselling sessions are currently held only via Video conference, such as Zoom and FaceTime.
Please check with a reception with regard to charges that may apply.
COVID-19 ENTRY SCREENING
EFFECTIVE TUESDAY 24TH MARCH 2020
To our valued patients and support personnel,
Here at Concept Fertility Centre, our number one priority is the health, safety and well-being of our patients, visitors and staff. As a privately owned healthcare facility offering healthcare services to the community, we are facing many challenges with regard to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Concept Fertility has had to further assess its practices and entry restrictions to ensure we can better protect our patients and the larger community during this difficult time.
Entry Restrictions for Concept Fertility Centre
Patients will be unable to access Concept Fertility in the following circumstances:
1) If you have traveled from overseas into Australia in the last 14 days effective Tuesday 24th March 2020
2) If you have had contact with any person (relative, friend, colleague) who has recently arrived into WESTERN AUSTRALIA from overseas or interstate
3) They have been in close contact with a proven case of COVID-19
4) They have been in close contact with a person awaiting results from a test for COVID-19
5) Present to Concept with signs of a fever ( 37.5 degrees), cough or cold.
Upon entering Concept you will be greeted by a Triage Nurse who will ask all persons to complete a screening questionnaire. Your temperature will be taken if you meet the entry requirements. If you answer YES to any of the questions, it is with regret, we will not be able to allow you entry into Concept.
We understand the impact, both physically and emotionally, these restrictions may have on our patients, however, we all have a social responsibility to assist in slowing the spread of the COVID-19.
Please understand your health and safety, as a patient undergoing treatment at Concept, will not be compromised.
The Concept team is happy to answer questions you may have so please contact us, 9383 2388.
This website and our Facebook page will be updated if changes occur.
I sincerely thank you for your understanding and assistance during such challenging times.
Director of Nursing